Wednesday, June 30, 2010

New Horizons

New Horizons and New Opportunities.

I am embarking on a new journey as a Spanish Immersion teacher in the sixth grade.

Actually, I should say I am returning to my roots, after a 5 year side track as a private school math teacher.

I am excited. I am nervous. I am anticipated many new learning experiences and some readjustment issues as I return to my urban school district. I feel lucky, awful lucky, to have been able to find a job I like and believe in in these times of draconian budget cuts. But in some sense, it wasn't luck, but my persistent desire to improve my skill and knowledge set.

I come from a bilingual teaching background and spent 10 marvelous years as a 4th and 5th grade Spanish Immersion teacher. I am now taking it to a new level by going to the very school that used to receive my former students.

I will miss being the math teacher, to be honest. I hope to keep it up as a tutor and as a teacher trainer. But at the same time, I have been missing being a Spanish teacher.

As a professional goal I have joined an online Spanish Linguistics Masters Program out of Spain. I have already benefitted from the challenging reading and writing. Here is the site:

http://www.funiber.org/

Please follow me and help me understand the ins and outs of this new project.

No comments:

Post a Comment